Do you believe in the open, pragmatic, vital and international spirit of Vlerick Alumni VZW? Then we have the perfect job for you!
• The Vlerick Alumni association represents a growing group of 20,000 alumni of the Vlerick Business School as more than 300 students of 33 nationalities complete their curriculum every year.
• The Vlerick Alumni association, through a staff of 4 FTE and 100 volunteers, supports its alumni various activities to strengthen their network, career development and business opportunities.
• The Board of the Alumni association is completing a strategic exercise which it wants to be endorsed and executed by a Manager of the Vlerick Alumni association. The ideal candidate is someone who embraces change, inspires, supports a strategic rethink and demonstrates leadership and focus in execution.
• You will contribute to the strategy of the Vlerick Alumni organization;
• You are responsible for sourcing sponsoring;
• You are responsible for maintaining and grow active memberships;
• You are the lead organizer for the Alumni Association key events;
• Through your staff, you are responsible for a good internal organization;
• You have budget responsibility of the organization;
• You represent the organization both internally and externally in meetings and on events;
• You will assess initiatives to support the Alumni Association’s;
• You are a contributor to transform the Vlerick Alumni from a regional organization towards an international organization;
• You understand the power and attractiveness of the Alumni network comes from its reputation, being its most intangible asset;
• A master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study completed with a Vlerick degree (Masters, MBA, Executive education);
• Fluent in Dutch and English speaking and writing; proficiency in French.
• At least 5 years of management experience consisting of: commercial roles, people management roles and budget responsibility;
• Having experience as the lead organizer of large, high-level visible events;
• Having experience in attracting and managing sponsorships (both in kind as in cash, range €10K-€100K);
• You are able to work independently and seek the alignment of your Board and its Chairman;
• You have an understanding of the Belgian business context, the Belgian management and entrepreneurial scene and international Business matters;
• You have excellent managerial and organizational skills. You know to inspire people, to shape an organization in function of its mission, to motivate volunteers;
• You have very high work and ethical standards towards yourself, your people and every aspect of the organization. You have a natural aversion for average, mediocre or good enough;
• You are dynamic, pragmatic and entrepreneurial with a make-it-happen attitude. You know to deliver results in a multi-stakeholder environment;
• You are fully up-to-date on social media and you have experience using them to increase the visibility of your organization;
• You possess excellent communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills;
• You are not just prepared to work irregular hours and represent the organization multiple evenings during the week; it is your desire to do so;
What we offer
• We offer a market competitive salary package in function of the experience and the profile of the candidate;
• This is an opportunity to maintain regular contacts with and foster a network of captains of industry and decision takers in the Belgian and international business scene as well as with relevant professional organizations;
• As the head of the Alumni Organization of the Benelux number 1 business school, you represent a top brand.